Нere is why you'll love Artichokes, not only they are beautiful and taste great:
- they provide digestive support
- super high in fiber
- lower cholesterol (2001 study showed clear reduction of LDL cholesterol by 20%) promotes bile production
- number 7 on the top 20 antioxidant rich foods
- great source of foliate
- a source of vit C and K (vit K protects against neuronal damage and degeneration and will keep Alzheimer's and dementia away)
- helps to maintain a healthy balance of electrolytes within the body and combats hypertension
- enhances metabolic function
- and! aphrosodiac
- You will need 3 artichokes
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- favorite seasoning, Italian will do fine
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar to your taste or lemon
Wash your beautiful artichoke globes. Cut the stem a little, artichoke stems are edible and delicious! Cut the tough ends of triangular scales with knife or scissors.
Cut fresh parsley, cilantro and garlic.
Open each florets from the center to the sides with your fingers.
Place all the fresh herbs, garlic inside and on the sides of the leaves liberally and in way you like.
Place artichokes in a big cast-iron pan, poor 1-2 inch of water, add a couple pinches of seasoning.
Place cast-iron pan on fire, when the water will start to boil, lower the heat, cover it and continue to boil on low heat for 40 min or more, until the artichokes are tender.
You can then serve them with good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Dip each petal in oil&vinegar and enjoy!
This is dish is one of my daughters favorites. Kids love the bitter-sweet taste of artichokes and this particular way of eating it - dipping petals in the sauce:)