Love this interesting recipe that seems like it was pulled from one of the enchanted Pushkin's tales. This fire cider is magical in preventing colds, treating them and great to stimulate digestion, immunity. It is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, decongestant and spicy. You can simply take shots of it all through the day if you like the taste and stimulating effect from it or use it as a preventative measure, use it as a sauce. Kids who caught cold or flu can have a shot mixed in orange juice or lemonade or tea, if it's too spicy for them to take straight, repeat every 4 hours.
- 1/2 cup peeled and shredded horseradish root
- 1/2 cup peeled and shredded ginger root
- 1/2 cup peeled and shredded turmeric root
- (or 1/4 cup additional ginger and 1/4 cup additional horseradish)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup minced garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeño peppers chopped
- zest and juice from 2 lemons
- raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 fresh thyme/rosemary springs
Mix the following ingredients together: horseradish, ginger, turmeric, onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers, lemon zest and juice, thyme springs in a quart sized jar, pack them tightly so that the jar is 3/4 full. Pour raw, unprocessed apple cider vinegar over the roots and shredded vegetables, it should cover everything, to prevent spoilage. You can use fermenting weight to hold down the veggies. Keep your jar in a dark room temperature cabinet for 3-4 weeks. Shake well, strain the roots/veggies using a yogurt/cheesecloth, you can add raw honey to it to your taste. Store in a fridge.